Sunday, January 24, 2010

What's the best bow to buy for hunting?

There are dozens of bows on the market today. Anything from bargain busters to bank busters. I shoot a Reflex Excursion made by Hoyt. I chose this bow after countless visits to outdoor stores such as Gander Mountain, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, etc. with indoor archery ranges. If you don't have any of these stores nearby, look for local archery shops. Parker makes an excellent line of bows at an affordable price but you better act now because they are increasing in price as they increase in popularity. One thing to always remember is- higher (price) is not always better. I've known guys who have spent $7-800 on a Mathews and after one season hated it. You have at least 4 months to decide so take your time and do your homework. Pick your price range and forget about the bows above it. It doesn't matter if it will draw and shoot it self if you can't afford it. Only try the bows in your price range. Shooting ones above it will only confuse things. While trying bows out, ask questions. Most of the places that sell bows have experience pro staff on hand and it is there job to help you. If they act like your are stupid or wasting their time, go elsewhere, they don't need your money anyway. Don't buy on the first try. I shot three models several time at different stores before I decided. Don't let anyone tell you what bow to buy. Shoot it and decide for your self. If you aren't happy with it you wont use it. It's kind of like a Ford, Chevy kind of thing. Everyone has their favorite but it is what fits you that counts. So take your time, have fun and happy hunting.What's the best bow to buy for hunting?
Bow-Tech or Matthews are the two top bows on the market today.





I use a Bow-Tech but I've taken a look at the new Matthews and the only reason I've passed is because my Bow-Tech is an '06 model.What's the best bow to buy for hunting?
parker bows are my fav and are actully the best bows out their i trust one and so should u
You need to find what suits you and feels right good bow shops will let you shoot different models to see what you feel most comfortable with. I had a mathews and got 2 deer with it but it was a little long for me and heavy, I have a bowtech equilizer on order now, super light and shorter axle to axle as I am only 5'4.
I've owned several including a PSE I have now It is light easy to shoot and camo color but is my opinion
With all the bows out there, your going to get a lot of people telling you to buy a Matthews. I'll tell you why, check the price of Matthews bows, they pour money into advertisement and tournaments. Well, if you buy their bow all that was worth it for them. Just like Ranger bass boats. Anyway, man go look at bows. Talk to a salesman about your length of pull, draw that you can handle, what you are going to do with it, how serious you are about bow hunting. You should be buying a bow that fits your needs and wants, not what some salesman needs to get off the shelf. Get yourself a modestly priced bow that suits you. If they start shoving you to a Matthews... hey they are real good bows, but not for a starter like yourself. That's the truth.
I like the Mathews and Bow Techs with parallel limbs and 75% or better let off. The sights ';fiber optics'; and rest ';whisker biscuit or drop away'; you choose is as important as the bow itself. Get it set up great, prolly at a pro shop, paper test it for arrow flight, and shoot straight.
  • neutrogena
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment