Friday, January 22, 2010

Transfer of federal duck hunting stamp?

I purchased my bird hunting license for Nebraska and have all the NE required stamps. That license is only good for the calendar year 2009. I also have my federal duck stamp that is good for the entire duck hunting season which goes into 2010. When I purchase my new license to hunt after Jan 1, can I transfer my federal duck stamp to the new license?Transfer of federal duck hunting stamp?
You don't have to attach the stamp to anything for it to be valid. You must sign across the face for it to be valid. I would not mess with trying to remove it from one license to another. You can put it on your 2009 license and then carry your 2009 license with you along with the 2010 license after December 31. The other is just carry the stamp loose in your license carrier. I would put it on the 2009 and just carry it until June 30, 2010.Transfer of federal duck hunting stamp?
Absolutely.





Generally, hunting licenses in most states do not have a place to affix the Federal Migatory Bird Hunting Stamp. They merely require you to sign your name across the face of the stamp and keep it with your license while hunting migratory birds.





Are you sure that Nebraska requires you to buy a new hunting license after January 1st? Most states issue their new hunting licenses in the late summer (generally Aug. 1) to avoid that confusion that comes with hunting seasons that start in the fall (October) and generally end by late winter (February).
In Kalifornia you have to sign across the stamp to validate it attached to the hunting license. removing it from that would shred it. Also I believe the dates run concurrent if you had the 2009 license and stamp why put the new on the old again Kalifornia goes june to june. Check your states DFG for variances. I suppose you could just hold onto both to prove purchases of the stamps.
Nebraska nebraska, what an untrustworthy state, it's worse than Oklahoma
put my duck stamp in holder to be seen put new license in under stamp when old expired

No comments:

Post a Comment