Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hunting. Why is it fun to kill defenseless animals?

Can someone explain this to me? I've heard the 'overpopulation' argument for deer, but what about bears and bighorn sheep for example?.......heck even squirrels......Hunting. Why is it fun to kill defenseless animals?
i see hunting is as out dated as using 8 track tapes in your car.theres no longer a reason for it,the only reason peope say they kill animals to decrease population is because we keep taking more and more of the habit animals live in. and to this comment';This is ridiculous...Are you trying to tell me that a bear is defenseless? Go try and pet one sweetheart, let me know how it goes. Hunting is the ultimate respect between species, and if you have to ask this question then you obivisously don't know anything about the sport of hunting or anything about animals.';All I have to say is go hunt a bear or a buck with out your gun or knife or anything,only useing your bare hands and you tell me how that goes,thats what the ultimate respect between species would be.Hunting. Why is it fun to kill defenseless animals?
I suppose it is no different as we eat cow or chicken. We may not kill them but we promote the death by eating meat. They still have nerves and feelings of pain so I don't get it. I do eat meat so I am no prince but I am just saying.





Hunting as ';fun'; or as in ';sport'; seems to be only big in America and well they have forms in England but here it is at the largest level. Anyone who has ate deer knows it is crab. It tastes gamey and unless you make jerky its crap.





Now my question is if your against hunting what about fishing?
I hunt for the food aspect as well as the sport of it. I also try to make use of every part of the animals I have taken. For example the last deer I took I used the bones for fertilizer after grinding them, the organs were given to the dogs, and I used the hide for various leather goods. I agree that it is sad that some animals have been over hunted. Bears are mostly for sport and that is sad.
I hunt and have hunted all of my life. I do it because it is a part of my life and my culture. I hunt deer , rabbit , squirll , turkey and duck and I eat everything that I kill. Hunting is not barbaric as others would like to say. The same people who are out marching for the rights of animals are the same people who sit in their apartment and do nothing when they hear the child upstairs taking a beating from their parents. Its my opinion that far to many children and eldery in this country are being abused and mistreated for one penny to be spent or one tear to be dropped over an animal who is being killed and ate. If we spent more time woring about mankind instead of animals this country would be alot better place. So next time you decide to run down a hunter or outdoorsman for doing something that is his or her God given and government given right , look deep down in the mirror and deal with your own issues and demons
Gives us a false sense of superiority.
This is ridiculous...Are you trying to tell me that a bear is defenseless? Go try and pet one sweetheart, let me know how it goes. Hunting is the ultimate respect between species, and if you have to ask this question then you obivisously don't know anything about the sport of hunting or anything about animals.
I think that hunting for sport is horrendous and a horrible thing to do to animals. It is more understandable if you are hunting for food and the meat from the hunting sustains human life. However just killing animals because its ';fun'; or entertainment is truely disgusting and barbaric.
Some of my fondest memories are of my father %26amp; I hunting in Montana. It wasn't about the kill. we didn't even have to get a deer to have a good day. It was enough that we spent the day hiking around our favorite ranch; together.





I hated killing the animal, deer are beautiful gentile creatures. It reminds us that we are taking a life to live ourselves. We force this same result even if we buy the meat in a store. It is more personal, and one must accept responsability for our omnivore existence.





with man's transgressions on nature's environment, many animals are left to suffer, starve or are killed through interaction (hit by car). A mild winter can very quickly explode a population, and the decrease in natural predators (such as wolves and mountain Lions) means that without hunting, a severe winter would be a bitter and cruel end hundreds of thousands. Hunting allows us to artificially balance those levels, while fees help generate revenue to protect and study the maintianence of their existence.





Hope that helps.
You can't grill it till you kill it.
Is it? I don't think it is fun, nor should it be seen as a sport. Overpopulation wouldn't happen if people would stop taking away poor animal's home.





As for your question... I will reiterate. No, it is not fun for me.





Those who considers this as fun have twisted minds.
Men usually hunt bear and bighorn sheep for the trophy side of it. I'm a hunter, but I would never kill anything I didn't intend to eat. I've heard squirrels are good to eat, but I wouldn't go out and kill a bunch of them, try it, and find out I didn't like it. If they are ever put in front of me or if I had a chance to try them, I would. I still don't think I'd go kill some though. I like the little things too much.


Hunting for trophies does not appeal to me in any way.
Basic instinct... It is the self-awareness that gives a choice to be consciously exercised... Even children have fun squeezing the life out of small crawling life forms like ants ! They are yet to know that they do not mean any harm ! Some adults stray back to the child hood state, forsaking the self-awareness... and a sense of guilt , sense of unpardonable act awaits them.... a price such people have to pay !
It's not the overpopulation of the animals, it's overpopulation of humans......
well for one contrary to popular beleif it not just men that do it we just get blamed for it all


now onto the ques itself


most people hunt for the thrill of the hunt like fishing then the fish back in


but when you hunt then kill the animal its dumb specially when is a animal you cant eat anyway


hunting for food at times is needed to survive
I've never been a hunter but know plenty of people who are. Everyone I know who hunts, does it for sport and for food. Yes, for food! Personally, I've never know anyone who would hunt just for sport.





Deer overpopulation is real. I live in Arkansas now and used to work as a police officer. Car vs. deer accident reports are very common. There are highways in rural areas that I will not drive on at night.





Bears? I don't know. Some hunting regulates the population. Also, their gestation period is fairly long.





Bighorn sheep? Don't have a clue. I'll let you know if I see anything on the Discover Channel.





Squirrels? You'd be surprised to know how many are killed by domestic dogs.
some people are just A-ssholes. they think it makes them feel tuff to kill. these men are weak and pathetic. they should be hunted!
I am against killing animals for sport, But what bothers me more is the way habitats are destroyed every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment