Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does eye dominance matter when hunting?

I am right handed, but left eye dominant. Will I miss my target everytime if I shoot right handed? What if a close my left eye while shooting right handed? Will having a scope on the gun make any difference? I have a right handed gun, so I would prefer to shoot that way if possible.Does eye dominance matter when hunting?
I can shoot either left or right handed, prefer right though. Always shot with one eye closed.Does eye dominance matter when hunting?
If you are right handed and shoot right handed, be sure to use your right eye. As long as you sight in properly, you should be ok hitting your target. You should get an eye patch for your left eye. I don't recommend closing it 'cause then if affects your vision for a bit when you open it.
no.





lead lead lead.








shoot skeet or trap....


best way to learn.............





one eye or two................


you got to lead......................
no
Yes it does, I am left eye dominant so I shoot my handguns left-handed (though I need to qualify with my off hand..rh...for my permit), my rifles left-handed and my Bow-Tech is also a lefty. Would you like to here something funny, Hockey left handed, Gulf, right handed.
I am left eye dominant and shoot right handed. It is more of a problem if you are shooting open sights. Closing the left eye will strain the right eye. I haven't noticed the problem with scoped rifles. It might depend on the degree of dominance.





I was still able to qualify with M-16 open sights in the army, so just practice and become proficient with any weapon you shoot.
depends on what you are shooting at and with.
Use a scope and you should be fine. You can also use an aperture sight and close your left eye, but this may be a bit more unnatural for you. Using standard open sights with your left eye closed will be most frustrating.
You shouldn't have any problems with a scope
get a lever action and try shooting left handed and right handed. See which one groups best. Then make your personal choose
You shouldnt have any problems, especially with a scope. Its hard to practice your shots for hunting. The paper doesnt walk yanno? But the best way to be sure your aim and shot are true is practice.... lots. You must already have range time, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment