Friday, May 14, 2010

Would puting a salt block and mineral block out at the same time be smart for my hunting property?

It will not hurt anything.





I raise deer.





It has been my experience that deer will pass a block and lick the ground where natural minerals are.





I feed domesticated deer salt/mineral in a loose form. They prefer the more natural looking better.Would puting a salt block and mineral block out at the same time be smart for my hunting property?
Suggest you stick with the mineral block.... it contains salt and will help in the antler development of the bucks or bulls if you have elk in the area... salt will not do that.... At the ranch, when I am laying out salt blocks for the cattle..... I always put mineral blocks in the areas that the deer hang out..... it seems to have made a difference in the antler grow of these deer.... We have a couple that would score at least 170... If we did such a thing.....Would puting a salt block and mineral block out at the same time be smart for my hunting property?
Yes it is a good idea.... the deer will only eat it if they need the minerals or if they want the salt.
Bascially a salt and mineral block is the same thing. I wouldn't waste my time putting them right by eachother b/c they do the same thing.


It won't hurt anything, but I don't think it's going to really help either.
thats like asking... do you want a beer with your lap dance
It wouldn't hurt to put out a block that has apples in it either!

No comments:

Post a Comment