Friday, May 14, 2010

Do you believe fishing is better, worse, or equal to hunting?

I myself don't look at fish on the same level as I do a deer for instance or a bear. I would rather catch and kill a bass than an elk. Does anyone else see it like this?Do you believe fishing is better, worse, or equal to hunting?
This is a good question.





I would never, ever hunt, however I do fish.





Sometimes I ask myself the question of whether fishing is ethical, although I do only keep what I am going to eat and throw the rest back.





In saying this, I would never partake in game fishing - ie, deliberately go out looking to catch big game fish, sharks, etc, as I don't believe this is right.





I like to fish, I like to eat fish - but yes, sometimes I feel guilty and have even cried for the fish and aplogised to it as I have taken it off the hook! (Yes, needless to say my fiance is disgusted with me)!Do you believe fishing is better, worse, or equal to hunting?
Lady Rebecca, your fiancee should understand your feelings and be supportive of your feelings, not disgusted. But tell me, why do you keep fishing if you feel like that?

Report Abuse



killing a fish does seem to come easier (and sound better) but deer or any other hunting doesnt bother me, i fish, and hunt deer, doves, quail, and ducks and yes, we eat it





id say pretty much equal (fishing possibly with an upper hand due to quantity)





but if you are catch-and-release, fishing is obviously better
well, the act of fishing doesn't acutually kill the fish...it just catches them...you can always throw it back...hunting is the actual act of killing the animal...so yea, i guess technically its not as bad.
Nothing is worse that hunting '; for sport ';.
I think that fishing is better than hunting because fishing is more relaxing and fishing you can always put the fish back in the water rather then killing it
equal
I love to do booth but fishing is more relaxing and you don't have to go out and freeze to fish, unless you like Ice fishing, they booth have their ups and downs and fish are easier to take out of the water than to dragg a bear or elk.
its a part of personal preference really. im an avid deer hunter, but son tends to be more on the fishing side. i respect his intrest in fishing as i do my own deer hunting.


as for hunting/fishing being mean, well thats another thing about personal preference. some people cant handle the natural way of feeding themselves and go to mcdonalds where someone else kills their meat for them, others understand the natural way that god intended for us and take game themselves.


way i see it, that cow that is forced into a stall at a slaughter house and watches a man shove a steel speer shot from a air pressure ram through his skull. has far less chance than the 10 point who decided for himself to walk into bow range. and whether or not you witnessed the cows death. it was the furthest thing from his mind at point of impact, and probably didnt make it feel any better.


not trying to change anyones mind, but i will defend my right to hunt, and besides.... a stick of summer sausage made from venison, chedder cheese and jalopenos is pretty dang good, lol.


uncle ted said it best.....hell yea there are endangered species out there...a nice 10 point buck 20 yards in front of me is pretty damned ';endanger';.
Fishing is a more relaxing activity. Especially lately with the lack or rain, and therefore lack of fish. You can always release a fish instead of having to haul it home after you get it.
I think in a way that way, they just stink so bad.
I have pet fish, so I tend to look at fish as animals just the same. But I think fishing is better since a lot of people do catch and release, in hunting...release is a little hard to do once it's shot.
It's all part of the food chain. I wouldnt do it for sport. But if I was somewhere stranded and was starving, I'd fish.
Equal. But as long as you eat what you kill, natural.





(Unless you are against eating meat, which I'm not)

No comments:

Post a Comment